Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The broken car wash

Last Saturday I was out running errands and decided my car needed to be washed. Of course I'm much too lazy to do it myself so I was going to let the car wash at Valero do it for me. I pull up and there is a sign saying "Must pay inside". Ok, annoying, but whatever I'll go pay inside. I tell the girl I need a car wash and she shouts back to the other lady in the back to ask if it is working. The other lady says yes. So I drive into the car wash, lock my doors (because I've watched too much CSI) and wait. The car wash turns on and sprays my car with soap and then I hear "BEEP BEEP BEEP". What the heck... so I turn on the windshield wipers so I can see out and the little sign that tells you what to do next says DRIVE FORWARD. Hmmm... I drive forward and realize that the dryer is on. Seriously.... so I pull out and my car is covered in soap. I mean really covered, it's completely white. I go tell the girl my story and she sits there for like 4 min. trying to decide if she's giving me my money back or not. All the while like 5 people come in and out of the store and I can see them laughing. Then I had to drive down Aldine Westfield in a soap covered car to the most awful car wash so that I could spray off all the soap. As I'm trying to spray the car off and focusing on not getting my boots wet I get honked at by a man in a hooptie. Moral of the story... if the cashier has to ask if the car wash is working... it probably isn't!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment